Orange Cupcakes with Cheese and White Chocolate IcingReceitas Da Felicidade!
These orange cupcakes are topped with a cheese frosting and shaved white chocolate for a delicious and sweet treat. The delicate cake has a light orange flavor from the addition of orange zest. The frosting gets a surprising and tart flavor boost from the addition of cheese. A sprinkle of white chocolate adds a bit of crunch to the frosted cupcakes and helps them look extra festive, perfect to celebrate any special occasion.
- 115 grams butter
- 130 grams white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolks (save the egg white for topping)
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 milliliters milk
- 1 orange zest
- fresh cheese (grated)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pink food coloring
- white chocolate (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Whisk the butter with sugar until obtaining a creamy mixture.
- 3Carefully mix in the 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk, one at a time.
- 4Sift flour with baking powder, and add little by little to the egg mixture.
- 5Add vanilla extract mixed with milk and minced orange zest, beat well until a very homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- 6Pour the mixture in the cupcake pans to 2/3 full.
- 7Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out dry.
- 8Whisk 2 egg whites to stiff peaks, add grated cheese, powdered sugar, and food coloring. Mix well.
- 9Spread icing on cupcakes. Sprinkle grated white chocolate on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories710Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.