Whenever anyone says they don't have time to bake a cake, share this recipe with them (or bake it for them first as proof positive). After all, the batter can be whisked together in no time, and without the need for an electric mixer. The only prep work is to grate the orange zest and then squeeze out the juice. And it's the orange that gives the cake it's wonderful flavor that's enhanced with a couple tablespoons of coconut.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 Orange (juiced and zested)
- 400 milliliters cream
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- Preheat oven to 190°C (approximately 375°F).
- Mix eggs and sugar.
- Add orange juice and zest and stir well.
- Add cream, baking powder, flour, and coconut.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.