Orange Cinammon RollsReceitas Da Felicidade!
There's nothing better than the smell (and taste) of cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven, except when they are enhanced with the wonderful aroma (and flavor) of orange, as in this recipe, which adds orange jam to the usual cinnamon and brown sugar filling. Nutmeg is another extra touch. And rather than rolling each strip individually, you can roll up the dough into one large log and then slice it with a sharp knife, but this does risk flattening the shapes, requiring a bit of fixing before baking.
- 5 grams dry yeast
- 20 grams warm water
- 2 eggs
- 80 milliliters milk
- 200 grams cake flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 50 grams margarine
- 1 tablespoon margarine (softened)
- orange jam
- brown sugar (to taste)
- cinnamon (to taste)
- nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 eggs (beaten)
- 1For the dough:
- 2In the bread machine, combine the yeast and warm water until dissolved.
- 3In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, flour, sugar, margarine, and a pinch of salt, and add to the bread machine.
- 4Select the pasta dough setting and mix in the bread machine for 15 minutes.
- 5When done, remove the dough and place it in a bowl.
- 6Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough sit until it doubles in size.
- 7For the icing:
- 8In a bowl, mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg.
- 9Preheat oven to 360°F.
- 10Roll out the dough.
- 11Spread 1 tablespoon of softened margarine on the surface of the dough.
- 12Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg mixture on top of the margarine on 1/2 of the dough.
- 13On the other half, spread the orange jam.
- 14Cut the dough into medium-sized strips, not too thin or too thick.
- 15Roll up the strips into small rolls.
- 16Place in a baking tray greased with butter and lined with parchment paper.
- 17Brush the surfaces of the rolls with the whisked egg.
- 18Bake for 20 minutes.