- 4 medium eggs
- 100 grams margarine
- 150 milliliters kefir (thick)
- 1 package orange cake mix
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 baking chocolate (square)
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 Orange (zest, only the glaze)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F). In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, margarine and kefir.
- Add orange cake mix.
- Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat for 5 minutes at maximum speed.
- Fold in poppy seeds.
- Pour batter into a silicone
- Bundt pan or a metal Bundt pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Carefully remove from pan, using a knife or a plastic spatula to detach the cake from sides of pan.
- Coarsely chop chocolate. Heat chocolate and cream in a water-bath or in the microwave until chocolate is melted.
- Tip: If melting in microwave, heat for 30 seconds at a time, to prevent chocolate from overheating and burning.
- Stir well and cook for 30 seconds more, if needed.
- Pour chocolate mixture over cake and garnish with orange zest.
- For a moist cake, drizzle with the juice of 1 orange immediately after removing from oven.