Orange Cake with Persimmon CurdReceitas Da Felicidade!
Oranges and persimmons are both in season during the winter, when is the best time to prepare this bright, sunny dessert. Orange flavors the cake batter, and thanks to the Thermomix you can use the whole fruit, peel and all. Poppy seeds, a friend to citrus, lend the cake wonderful crunch. For the "icing," a velvety persimmon curd fits the bill beautifully, and this, too, can be made in the Thermomix.
- 1 orange
- 2 whole eggs
- 220 grams sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 1 yogurt
- 220 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 persimmon (large and ripe)
- 1/2 orange (juice)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 10 grams corn starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40 grams butter (liquid)
- 1Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- 2Grease and flour a round spring-form pan.
- 3Cake Preparation:
- 4Peel the orange and put the peel in the Thermomix cup.
- 5Remove the white skin (pith) from the orange. Cut the orange in quarters and place in the cup. Set for 10 seconds/speed 9.
- 6Add the eggs and sugar and set to 1 minute/122°F/speed 5.
- 7Add the butter and yogurt and set to 30 seconds/speed 5.
- 8Add the flour, baking powder and poppy seeds. Mix for 6 seconds/speed 4.
- 9Pour the batter in the pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Do the toothpick test in the center of the dough. When it comes out clean, the cake is done and can be removed from the oven.
- 10Curd Preparation:
- 11Peel and remove the stem from the persimmon. Cut in quarters and add to the Thermomix cup.
- 12Squeeze the juice of 1/2 orange into the cup and set to 5 seconds/speed 4.
- 13Add the sugar, eggs, cornstarch and vanilla extract and mix for 10 seconds/speed 5.
- 14Add the butter and set to 10 minutes/194°F/speed 4.
- 15Immediately place the curd in a bowl and cool.
- 16Unmold the cake onto a platter and spread the persimmon curd over the top.