Everyone has that one favorite cake they treasure from their childhood, whether it was a chocolate birthday cake they requested year after year or one they sampled on a special vacation (coconut cake, anyone?). This cake may not match your own memories, but it could very well become your new favorite, especially if you are a fan of oranges. And also if you are the one baking it, since this recipe is a cinch to prepare.
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 orange (zest)
- 3/4 orange (juice)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease an angel food cake pan.
- In a bowl, place the eggs, sugar, and zest and beat well with an electric mixer for about 5 minutes until you get a thick, whitish mixture.
- Add orange juice and stir until well mixed.
- Finally, add the sifted mixture of flour and baking powder, and gently mix the batter until homogeneous.
- Pour the batter in the mold, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes (toothpick test).