- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (OR dried sage, crushed)
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 table sugar
- 2 teaspoons aromatic bitters
- Pat tenderloins dry with paper toweling. Mix butter, thyme and cayenne; spread mixture on the tenderloins. Place meat in a 12x8x2-inch buttered baking dish. Pour 1 cup orange juice into pan. Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 20-30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145 degrees F. Baste several times with cooking liquid. Remove cooked tenderloins from pan, let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Measure cooking liquid, adding orange juice to make 1 1/2 cups. Mix flour and sugar with 2 tablespoons orange juice and bitters in a saucepan. Add cooking liquid. Cook and stir until mixture boils and thickens. To serve, slice tenderloins into 1-inch slices and spoon sauce over all.