Orange Angel Food CakeAs receitas lá de casa
For many people, angel food cake is the epitome of cake baking, as it relies on science to achieve the characteristic melt in your mouth quality of a cake done right. It's all about the beaten egg whites, which are the only leavener in the batter and which should be sufficiently stiff before being folded, gently but thoroughly, using a flexible spatula. Fresh orange juice gives this version its lovely fragrance and flavor.
- 125 grams butter
- 250 grams sugar
- 190 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 orange (juice)
- 8 egg whites
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Whisk butter and sugar until creamy.
- 3Add flour, baking powder and orange juice.
- 4Stir well.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 6Fold egg whites into flour mixture.
- 7Pour batter into a greased and floured cake pan.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes.