- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 strips steak ((about 5 oz ea ) or 2-lb boneless sirloin steak)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope lipton recipe secrets onion soup mix
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook steaks to desired doneness. Remove steaks and keep warm.
- Add vinegar in same skillet and heat over medium-high heat 1 minute. Stir in water and Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Serve over sliced steak.
Donette C. 30 Apr 2016
I cooked this tonight using browned flour coated cubed steak and moved the steak to a Corning baking dish. Then I mixed the Lipton onion soup with 1 and 1/2 cups of water and pored it over and under the steak. I baked it at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. It tasted really good but I think I would use less water next time. It was pretty watery. A recipe like this used to be on the Lipton onion soup box back in the 70's when my stepmother made it for us. It didn't quite come out the same this time. Maybe she used two packets of soup instead of one because I remember it being thicker. I would rate this recipe at 4 stars if I could find the original recipe!