Tarts tantalize the taste buds and take the taste buds to a whole new level of decadence. This recipe for Onion Tarts is tasty and hearty. The sweet flavors of honey pair perfectly with the chorizo, mozzarella and onion, all wrapped into a flaky and buttery pastry dough. These can be served up as appetizers, or paired with your favorite meat main dish. Any way you decide, your taste buds will thank you.
- 1 pie dough (pre-made)
- 1 kilogram onions
- olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 chorizo
- mozzarella cheese (sliced, to taste)
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- On high heat, saute the onion in olive oil with a little salt and pepper. Lower heat and simmer, stirring regularly.
- Add the vinegar and honey, cook for 2 minutes, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 410F
- Roll out the dough and spread it in tartlet pans. Prick the bottom of the pie pans with a fork.
- Drizzle each pan with olive oil.
- Divide the onions between the pans.
- Divide the sliced chorizo between the pans.
- Add slices of mozzarella on top and bake for 25-30 minutes.