While most tarts are sweet and commonly eaten as a dessert, this onion tart recipe indulges the senses with savory onions and fresh cream. Perfect small appetizers to start off any dinner party. Simple, elegant, and full of comforting flavors makes these tarts small bites of heaven, winter, and the Holiday season. Because there is no added sugar, the onions will keep their bitter tastes and couple with the baked eggs to create a think, airy filling.
- 4 onions
- olive oil
- 3 eggs
- cream (20 cl. fresh)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pie pastry (unsweetened short crust)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Peel and chop onions, and saute in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and the cream, then add salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry, spread into a tart mold, and prick the bottom with a fork.
- Pour the egg mixture in the pan.
- Spread the onions across the entire surface.
- Bake for 40 minutes.