Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Onion Soup with Olive Bread and Blue Cheese is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 5 tablespoons onion (cooked in butter)
- 1 slice bread (olive)
- 20 grams blue cheese (soft)
- 300 milliliters broth (light)
- Use ready-made onion or prepare onion.
- Peel a medium onion and cut into into slices.
- Heat butter and oil in a saucepan and cook onion over very low heat until tender and translucent.
- Add broth and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Pour into an oven-safe bowl.
- Put the slice of bread in the bowl and sprinkle with blue cheese.
- Broil in oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for 5 minutes.