Nothing is easier than a one dish meal, especially for a busy weeknight. Serve with a mixed greens salad tossed with a simple vinaigrette.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin (lean, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 8 ounces white mushrooms (sliced, OR brown mushrooms)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1 cup long grain rice (wild and)
- 1 tablespoon Italian herbs (herbes de Provence OR other dried herb blend)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- black pepper
- In a large skillet or sauté pan with a tight-fitting lid over high heat, combine pork, mushrooms, broth, rice, and herbs. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in mixed vegetables and continue to cook until liquid has absorbed, rice is tender, and pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Chad E. 6 Nov 2018
Meh. It's fine, but boring.