- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt (divided)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (New Mexico)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 15 ounces low sodium black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 14 1/2 ounces fire roasted tomatoes (with garlic)
- 15 1/4 ounces niblet corn (rinsed and drained, or 1 cup frozen corn)
- 4 ounces jalapenos (fire roasted diced)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces colby jack cheese (shredded)
- fresh cilantro (optional garnish:, chopped)
PER SERVING *
|Calories460Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Ann B. 11 Nov
This is very good. I used brown rice,canned tomatoes, fresh jalapeno, cilantro, garlic and onion finely chopped instead of dried onion and fire roasted garlic tomatoes. Mostly because I had all of that on hand. I also mixed the cheese in after to melt it in instead of using broiler. Served in bowls with crunched up tortilla chips on top.
Hartman 31 Aug
This is a nice easy recipe that turns out great, as it is written.
Lisa 1 Aug 2017
It was delicious! Made it exactly as stated. My husband wants to put it at the top of the rotation! LOL
Fatemeh Salehikhoo 15 Jul 2016
It is a great app with so many great recipes. Very user friendly app. I cooked so many of the food and desert and they turned out good.
Heather Zimmerman 3 Apr 2016
Easy recipe to whip together. I made no changes to the recipe when making it, however I like to top my bowl off with taco sauce when I'm eating it. Yum!