- 8 ounces white mushrooms (pkg. sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (fresh)
- 1 cup quinoa (uncooked, rinsed)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf (dry whole)
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves (fresh, packed)
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- red pepper flakes
- chopped cilantro (fresh)
|Calories580Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat310|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Anechka 30 Apr 2018
Great ! I didn’t use spinach because I personally don’t like it and I added a bit more chicken for higher protein content. One of my favourite quinoa recipes !
Dee W. 21 Jan 2018
Delicious and flavourful! Very fresh taste. Followed recipe almost to a T, with the exception of adding some paprika when cooking the chicken, and substituting 1/4 tsp of thyme to replace the bay leaf. I also added a bit extra water when cooking the quinoa, as it started to stick to the bottom of the pan in some spots before quinoa was done cooking. Would definitely recommend and will make again ! :)
Natalia M. 8 May 2017
This is a non expensive, easy to make. Never thought about mixing quinoa with mustard before, and i like the flavours... i just wonder how to make it again with less fat
Donna Armstrong 18 Apr 2017
This was really good. I love the one pot dinners! It was tasty, healthy and easy to prepare. I would definitely make this again.
Abbey A. 30 Mar 2017
Very very good and easy! I halved the receipt. I would salt the mixture afterwards, it needed it. Also be sure to leave the spinach to the very last minute, it wilts very fast
Martin K. 27 Mar 2017
My wife and I are on a low sodium diet. Apart from omitting the salt, what can I do to reduce the sodium content of this dish?
Michael Sherry 27 Mar 2017
nice layout, functions well, easy to read, easy to navigate, intuitive to use, smells great, great content - recipes are delicious