- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/8 pounds boneless chicken thighs (skin on)
- 3 onions (small, quartered)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and pressed)
- 5 ounces spring greens (mixed)
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable stock
- 10 ounces new potatoes (halved)
- 12 ounces broccoli (cut into florets)
- 6 scallions (sliced thinly)
- 1 ounce fresh basil (chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish)
- 1 ounce fresh tarragon (chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish)
- 1 3/4 ounces pine nuts (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Mix the cornstarch and dried thyme in a bowl and coat the chicken thighs. Heat half of the olive oil and the butter in a large Dutch oven and brown the chicken, skin down, for 3-4 mins. Turn and cook for another 2-3 mins or until the chicken is golden. Set chicken aside.
- Return the dish to the heat, add the remaining olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 4-5 mins until softened, then add the spring greens and cook for 3-4 mins. Stir in the stock and potatoes, season to taste and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 5 mins, then add the broccoli, scallions and chicken, skin side up. Bake, uncovered, for 15-20 mins until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the basil, tarragon and pine nuts in a food processor, adding the extra virgin olive oil slowly to make a pesto. Add pesto to the chicken, and serve garnished with basil and tarragon.
|Calories660Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|