- 1 pound chicken breast (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 3 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups penne pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper (small, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (small, seeds removed and sliced into thin strips)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded from the block)
- chopped parsley (fresh, for garnish)
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Joel G. 6 Jul
I added broccoli, salt And pepper and more other seasonings than it called for and more cheese. It was very bland the first time.
Audrey Stammen 20 Nov 2017
My husband loved it- I added broccoli. I thought it was a little bland and could have used more seasoning or spice! Still too though and would make again.
Kathy Schaff 8 Jul 2017
My whole family enjoyed this. A little spicy if you aren't used to it.
Heather R. 30 Jul 2016
Have made several times. Very good! Even my 2 and 4 year old sons eat it up😄We use mini penne, so we aren't cutting every piece of pasta.
Linda L. 21 Mar 2016
This recipe was a huge hit! It was a bit too spicy for the kids, I will use a little less Cajun seasoning next time. I will probably add a little more veg too.
Milinda P. 7 Mar 2016
This dish was absolutely wonderful!!! Just made it and wouldn't change a thing leftovers are great as well!
Susan Taylor Payne 16 Feb 2016
This turned out great. Love the one pot meal. Will definitely make this again...wouldn't change a thing.... Just make sure and have a nice big skillet with a lid.
Matt Lanzer 13 Jan 2016
I'd do this again. I also added mushrooms and broccoli to make it a bit more well rounded, nutrition-wise. Whole family dug it!