- 1/3 cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup baking mix (all-purpose)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk (add 4 tablespoons PET® Evaporated Milk for a richer taste)
- 4 tablespoons PET® Evaporated Milk (for a richer taste)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 3/4 cups cooked chicken (or turkey, chopped)
- 2 cups baking mix (all-purpose)
- 4 teaspoons warm water
- 1/4 cup Crisco Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening (OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening)
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- MELT 1/3 cup shortening in 2-quart saucepan. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose baking mix. Add salt, pepper and thyme, stirring constantly.
- ADD broth and milk. Bring to a slow, low boil. Add vegetables and chicken; keep over low heat while preparing crust.
- MIX 2 cups all-purpose baking mix with water and 1/4 cup shortening in medium bowl. Pat out dough onto waxed paper; roll the crust to fit over the top the dish you are using (the crust should be fairly thick); set aside. Carefully pour the filling into the baking dish.
- PLACE the crust on top of the mixture; make slits to vent steam.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
|Calories820Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat480|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.