One-Bowl Cranberry Cheddar BiscuitsYUMMLY
Flaky, mile-high biscuits studded with cranberries and oozing with sharp cheddar cheese make a very special dinner roll, particularly when spread with butter. Bonus: Set a runny egg on one and call it breakfast! You can make the dough ahead and keep the cut-out biscuits in the freezer for up to 1 month, ready to bake fresh. The recipe is a Yummly original created by Jessie Sheehan.
- nonstick cooking spray (or softened butter)
- all purpose flour (optional, for pan)
- 4 cups all purpose flour (for dough)
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt (for biscuit dough)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- all-purpose flour (for dusting work surface and rolling)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp. salt (for egg wash)
- flaky sea salt (for sprinkling)
- salted butter (softened, for serving)
- Grease a high-sided 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper or dust with flour, shaking out any excess. Set aside.
- Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cut the butter into small cubes and add to the bowl. Using a pastry blender, fork and knife, or your hands, rub butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories540Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes