Who doesn't want a slice of something with the word "snack" in its name? This cake is delightfully moist with a delicate caramel flavor, and spread with a salty/sweet caramel glaze. Who knew you could make caramel sauce in the microwave! The recipe is a Yummly original created by Jessie Sheehan.
- nonstick cooking spray (or softened butter)
- all purpose flour (optional, for pan)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (for caramel)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed, for caramel)
- 1 tsp. flaky sea salt (for caramel)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed, for cake)
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (for cake)
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup heavy cream (for cake)
- 1 cup all purpose flour (for cake)
- 3/4 cup cake flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (for caramel)
- flaky sea salt (for sprinkling)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper or dust with flour, shaking out any excess. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a 1 qt. glass measuring cup and microwave on high until melted, about 1 minute. Transfer 1/2 cup to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories610Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes