- 10 ounces firm tofu (package silken)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper (medium, finely chopped)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch baby choy, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions (thinly sliced, plus 1 extra, to serve)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 8 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup jasmine rice (cooked, to serve)
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in single layer on a paper towel-lined baking tray. Cover with more paper towels, gently press to remove excess moisture.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, swirl to coat surface. Add pepper and mushroom, stir-fry for 1 minute. Add bok choy and green onions, stir-fry for 1 minute or until vegetables are just soft. Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and tofu and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until heated. Transfer to a large heatproof bowl. Wipe wok clean.
- Reduce heat to moderate. Whisk eggs and 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl. Heat a quarter of the remaining oil in wok. Add a quarter of the egg; swirl to cover base. Cook for 1 minute or until set underneath. Spoon a quarter of the tofu mixture down on one side of omelette. Using a spatula, fold omelette over tofu mixture to enclose filling. Press omelette firmly with spatula. Cook for 30 seconds more or until set.
- Transfer omelette to a serving plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat using remaining oil, egg and tofu mixture. Serve omelettes and rice sprinkled with extra green onions.
|Calories560Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.