Olive Stuffed RollsAs receitas lá de casa
These make wonderful snacks or salty nibbles to go with cocktails. To make them, pitted olives (whichever type you like most, or use a variety), are wrapped up in a simple dough that's flecked with grated Parmesan cheese and baked to golden brown perfection. The dough needs to chill for at least a half hour before rolling out and cutting into rounds, and then the wrapped olives need to chill for at least two hours before cooking.
- 20 pitted olives (green or black)
- 50 grams flour
- 30 grams butter
- 30 grams fresh parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1Drain olives and pat dry with a cloth.
- 2Mix flour and butter.
- 3Add cheese and cold water.
- 4Shape dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 5On a floured surface, roll out dough and cut out small circles.
- 6Place an olive on each circle, and close dough around olive to form a ball shape.
- 7Repeat steps until all dough and olives have been used.
- 8Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 9Preheat oven to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- 10Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.