Olive Oil and Honey CakeAs receitas lá de casa
Olive oil and honey combine to give this cake its subtle though distinctive flavors, along with ground cinnamon and fennel seeds as the spices and chopped walnuts lending nuttiness and crunch. It's the kind of cake that's not too sweet and can be enjoyed any time of day or night, and pairs particularly well with a strong cup of coffee or a glass of dry sherry, as an after dinner treat.
- 250 grams sugar
- 5 eggs
- 150 milliliters olive oil
- 100 milliliters honey
- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- butter (to grease)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
- 2Blend sugar with eggs and stir well.
- 3Add a drizzle of olive oil and honey, stirring constantly, until ingredients are well mixed.
- 4Gradually add flour, cinnamon, fennel and baking powder.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Fold in walnuts.