Shortbread cookies are rich and buttery treats that are perfect when you want something you can pop in your mouth a be whisked to palate pleasing bliss. This recipe for Olive Oil and Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread is a rich and creamy and is perfect for a party, special occasion or even just a late night snack while watching your favorite shows. Any way, you will love the hearty flavors. Enjoy!
- 120 grams flour
- 30 grams ground almonds
- 40 grams sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 grams chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1. Combine the flour, ground almonds, sugar, olive oil, egg yolks, and chocolate hazelnut spread in a bowl. Mix with a fork and then with your hands until the dough forms a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 3. Roll out the dough and cut shapes with a cookie cutter. Place the shapes on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes.
- 4. Remove the cookies from the oven. Let them cool on the baking sheet for ten minutes before transferring them to a rack to cool completely.