You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Olive Fougasse combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- In a bowl, form a volcano with the flour and in the center add the other ingredients. Knead until pastry becomes elastic. Mold into a ball and let stand for 1 hour.
- Next, divide pastry into four equal pieces. Flatten with a rolling pin and place on a floured baking tray or on a baking mat. Make cuts as seen in the picture, which are Fougasse characteristics. Let stand half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Before putting into the oven, brush the Fougasse with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let rest inside the oven for five more minutes. Then remove and let cool completely on a rack.