Octopus with Sauted PotatoesAs receitas lá de casa
Octopus is not often what comes to mind when preparing seafood at home, but you can often find it, raw or cooked, at your local fishmonger, and it is prepared in much the same way as calamari, which you may be more familiar with. This recipe calls for cooked octopus, which allows you to skip that step so all that's left to do is to quickly saute it with garlic and onion and then again with blanched potatoes and seasonings.
- 500 grams cooked octopus
- 600 grams potatoes (enough for 4 people)
- olive oil (to taste)
- garlic cloves (to taste)
- 1 onions (medium)
- 1 bay leaf
- garlic powder
- salt (to taste)
- 1Thoroughly rinse the potatoes and cut into thick slices.
- 2In a saucepan cook the potatoes in salted water, taking care not to over cook; should be firm, but not raw. Drain.
- 3Drizzle olive oil in a large saucepan or nonstick skillet. Finely slice 6 cloves of garlic and use a wooden spoon to crush another 6. Add garlic to the pan.
- 4Thinly slice the onion and add to the pan. Add the bay leaf.
- 5Once onion and garlic are browned, drain the octopus and add to the pan. Season with coarse salt. Saute for a few minutes.
- 6Add the potatoes to the octopus. Sprinkle with olive oil and add the chopped coriander. Season with oregano, paprika, and garlic powder.
- 7Saute everything until well browned. Serve.