You may not realize that your local fishmonger even sells octopus if you've never thought to ask, but here's your reason to do just that, especially if you are already a fan of calamari (a.k.a. squid). Octopus does take a while to become tender, but as it boils you can tend to the rest of the meal (potatoes, cabbage, beans, plus a quick "pesto") so everything is ready at the same time.
- 1 octopuses
- 4 potatoes
- 200 grams green beans
- 200 grams cauliflower
- basil (to taste)
- parsley (to taste)
- Boil the octopus in water for 40 minutes.
- Separately, cook the potatoes, cabbage and beans in water with a pinch of salt.
- Remove from heat and place together in colander to drain.
- For the sauce, place the basil and parsley in a mortar, sprinkle with a little olive oil and lime and crush.
- Drizzle the sauce over all and serve.