Combine the flavors of the seaside with your favorite creamy risotto. Cooked in a broth seasoned with fennel seed, onion, pepper and mustard seed, the octopus is tender and flavorful making it the perfect addition to a creamy sauteed onion and coriander risotto. Garnish each plate with fresh goat cheese or grated parmesan and a sprig of fresh coriander for an elegant and flavorful dinner entree. Ready in an hour, the taste of this Octopus Risotto is simple, but scrumptious.
- 500 gr. octopus
- 2 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- ground black pepper
- mustard seeds (ground)
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 bunch coriander
- goat cheese (or Parmesan, to taste)
- 1In a large pot of water, add the octopus, 1 whole onion, 2 tablespoons of fennel seeds, mustard seeds, and pepper. Cook for 45 minutes or until the octopus is very tender. Strain the broth, and set aside.
- 2In a smaller saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil, add chopped onion and a bit of coriander. Saute for a few minutes until the onion is golden brown. Add the risotto and a ladleful of of the octopus cooking broth. When the broth has evaporated, add another one, until the risotto is cooked.
- 3Gently stir in the octopus.
- 4Garnish with cheese and chopped coriander.