Octopus Rice (With Short fin squid Tentacles)O Meu Tempero
Whether you use octopus or squid in this recipe, the outcome will be the same: Pure deliciousness. The squid (or octopus, take your pick) here is cooked in a pressure cooker for about a half hour to become perfectly tender and not the least bit chewy or dry. It's then combined wtih onion, garlic, tomatoes, bell pepper, and rice for a hearty meal in one. Be sure to use long grain rice for best results.
- squid tentacles (frozen Short fin)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 green pepper
- 200 milliliters red wine
- 300 rice (grs of, "stewed extra long")
- salt (to taste)
- fresh coriander (to taste)
- 1Cook the squid tentacles in the pressure cooker (about 30 minutes).
- 2Remove and cut into slices.
- 3Boil the water.
- 4In a large pan with olive oil, sauté the onion and the chopped garlic along with the bay leaf.
- 5Add the peppers (cut into squares), then the tomato (already peeled and chopped).
- 6Add the wine and wait a few more minutes to evaporate the alcohol. Add the rice and 2 and 1/2 cups of cooking water of squid.
- 7This quality of rice is "careless", Add more liquid if necessary.
- 8Bake at low heat and season with salt.
- 9Near the end of cooking add the pieces of squid.
- 10Hot and sprinkled serve with fresh coriander.