When a recipe like this one calls for eggs to be at room temperature, it's important that you don't ignore that step, especially when the eggs will be separated and the whites beaten to make a meringue. Too cold eggs will not expand as much during beating, which means the cake won't achieve the same lofty heights during baking. That said, it's much easier to separate the yolks and whites when the eggs are still cold, so do this first before letting them sit out.
- 4 medium eggs (at room temperature)
- 100 grams margarine
- 250 grams sugar
- 160 grams milk
- 250 grams flour
- 80 grams oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 400 grams apple (cored and chopped)
- Preheat oven to 356°F.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Place the butterfly in the Thermomix Cup.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and place the egg whites and a pinch of salt in the cup. Set at 4 minutes/speed 3.5. Place the egg whites in a bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the butterfly.
- In the Thermomix cup, add the margarine and sugar. Set at 2 minutes/speed 3.
- Use a spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl, add the egg yolks. Set for 1 minute/speed. 4.
- Add the milk and set for 40 seconds/speed 3.
- Add the flour, oats, cinnamon and baking powder and set at 20 seconds/speed 3.
- Add the mixture to the egg whites and gently fold together. Do not whisk.
- Finally, add the apple and mix to evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Place the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick, remove from oven and turn out onto a serving platter.