Oatmeal cookies are most often studded with plump raisins, but these have chopped dried peaches instead for a refreshing change of pace, and also a dose of summery flavor. Ground cinnamon is still the spice of choice, and while there are a couple more tweaks to tradition: grated fresh apple (which imparts moisture as well as fruit flavor) and also honey and olive oil, for a more rounded and yet nuanced result.
- 1 cup oat flakes
- 1 cup wheat flour (with yeast)
- 2 tablespoons refined sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup dehydrated peaches (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey (orange)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 Russet apple (grated)
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Make codfish cakes.
- Place the wafers on a tray separated between them with parchment paper, and press with the aid of a fork to flatten them slightly.
- Bring to a preheated oven at 350 ° about 20/25 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a net to cool.