Oatmeal, Pear, and Apple MuffinsHoje para Jantar
These muffins feature a neat trick that you can use in other recipes for baked goods: Grating on the large holes of a box grater is a quick and easy alternative to having to chop the pear and apple, and the shavings will be more evenly distributed throughout the batter -- and the baked treats. Replacing some of the white flour with whole wheat and oats gives the muffins chewier texture and a more wholesome nutritional profile (read: more fiber).
- 30 grams skim milk
- 20 grams peanut oil
- 20 grams olive oil
- 70 grams light brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 90 grams all-purpose flour
- 40 grams flour (wholewheat)
- 40 grams oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 80 grams pears (grated)
- 80 grams apples (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Add the milk, peanut oil, olive oil, sugar and egg to a medium bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- 3In a separate bowl, mix the flours, oats, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add to the liquid mixture and mix well to combine.
- 4Add the grated fruit and combine gently with a large spoon.
- 5Distribute the dough in silicone molds or cupcake pans with paper liners.
- 6Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 7Let cool completely before storing in a sealed container.