Oatmeal with Chocolate and Apple BiscuitsHoje para Jantar
- 115 grams applesauce
- 115 grams butter (or margarine)
- 300 grams demerara sugar
- 50 milliliters boiling water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 125 grams whole grains (flakes)
- 280 grams whole wheat flour
- 55 grams chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Beat applesauce, butter and sugar in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- 3In a bowl, mix water and baking powder and stir into applesauce mixture.
- 4In another bowl, mix oatmeal, flour and a pinch of salt.
- 5Gradually, stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture and mix well.
- 6Cut chocolate into small pieces and fold into batter.
- 7Place batter by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 8Space cookies 8 cm (approximately 3 inches) apart.
- 9Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
- 10Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.