Oatmeal cookies, Coconut and BlueberriesAnanás e Hortelã
Spelt flour and oat flakes give these cookies a nutritional boost, as do the coconut and dried blueberries. Honey is the only sweetener, while butter keeps them from being too virtuous. Look for dried blueberries at natural food markets and some supermarkets, or substitute them with currants or other dried fruits (cut into small dice as needed). Because the butter is melted with the honey, the dough is easy to mix together with a wooden spoon -- no mixer required.
- 125 grams spelt flour
- 100 grams coconut
- 50 grams dried blueberries
- 1 pinch salt (or Bonsalt)
- 100 grams oats (flakes)
- 100 grams butter
- 85 grams honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1Prepare two baking trays, grease and line them with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2In a bowl, mix the flour with the coconut, the salt, the oats and the dried blueberries.
- 3In a saucepan add the butter and the honey and heat until butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add baking soda to the water and add to the dry ingredients along with the melted butter and honey mixture. Mix well until the ingredients are well combined.
- 5Form dumplings with your hands (the size of a walnut), put them on the trays and flatten each one with a fork or with your hand.
- 6Bake until they're cooked and golden brown which should take about 15 minutes.
- 7Allow to cool before storing in a cookie jar.