Next time you are preparing a batch of pancakes, consider this wonderful way to serve them instead of as a short stack. In this recipe, the pancakes are filled and stacked with jam to resemble a layer cake, then sliced and served as wedges, with map…
e syrup of course. You can use any flavor of jam or marmelade in the filling. The pancakes are a wholesome mixture of oats and whole wheat flour.
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 50 grams sugar
- 200 milliliters milk (or kefir)
- 1 large egg
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- maple syrup (for topping)
- In a food processor, grind oats to flour.
- In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Mix well.
- Add whisked egg, milk and melted butter.
- Heat a frying pan or crepe maker.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and spread over pan with paper towel.
- Pour batter into hot pan and cook until it bubbles form on the top side.
- Turn and cook the other side.
- Stack Spread top of each cooked pancakes with cherry ginger compote and stack on serving plate.
- Place a plain pancake on top of stack.
- Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.