Oatmeal CookiesO Meu Tempero
Oatmeal cookies are not only an ideal afterschool snack for the kids (ideally with a tall glass of milk, for dunking), they are a more wholesome alternative to other cookies for anyone, particularly when they are sweetened with honey and have olive oil included as the essential fat. That describes this recipe to a T, plus these cookies have grated apple and ground cinnamon (and no raisins, which some people can't abide).
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 apples (grated)
- ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 1Mix all the ingredients.
- 2Shape small balls with dough.
- 3Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4Place dough balls on the baking sheet and use a fork to press and slightly flatten.
- 5 Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- 6 Remove from oven and let cool.