Nutella is at the top of everyone’s list of favorite sweet treats. It is all natural and packs a lot of flavor into a spoonful. So, why not try using it in a dessert dish? This recipe for Nutella filled Hikkaido is a perfect pairing of sweet and salty. This loaf is rich and bold. It takes 105 minutes to prepare, but the wait is worth it. We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Happy cooking!
- 590 grams flour
- 125 milliliters water
- 185 milliliters milk
- 85 grams granulated sugar
- 8 grams salt
- 10 grams milk powder (skimmed)
- 11 grams instant dry yeast
- 85 grams eggs (plus 1 egg)
- 60 grams sour cream
- 55 grams milk
- 50 grams melted butter
- 185 grams tangzhong
- 220 grams Nutella
- First, prepare the tangzhong or water roux.
- Pour 50 grams of flour, 125 milliliters of water, and 125 milliliters of milk into a saucepan. Mix and heat gently to bring the mixture to a temperature of 65 degrees Celsius. It will thicken to the consistency of thick cream. Let cool in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. This can be done the day before.
- Then, prepare the bread.
- In a food processor bowl, pour 540 grams of flour, granulated sugar, salt, milk powder, yeast, eggs, cream, 60 milliliters of milk, and 185 grams of prepared tangzhong. Begin kneading gently and after 3/4 minutes, add the melted butter. Knead for 5-7 minutes to get a soft dough, which will become more homogeneous.
- Cover the mixer bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise for 45 minutes in a place free from drafts.
- Grease a 20 centimeter long cake tin.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut into 3 equal parts.
- Flatten the first ball of dough into an oval using a rolling pin. Coat the surface with Nutella.
- Fold the two sides. Flatten quickly with the rolling pin then roll it in a spirale and put it in the cake pan.
- Repeat the same operation for the other 2 balls of dough and place them into the pan.
- Allow the dough to double in volume.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Using a brush, coat the bread with a beaten egg.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the bread is well colored.
- Let cool, then ease it out onto a wire rack.
|Calories1120Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.