Bite size pieces of cake on a stick? Yes please! You may have seen them at bakeries but with this recipe for Nutella and Orange Cake Pops you can make your own at home. Combining the nutty chocolate flavor of nutella with the fresh sweetness of orange zest and juice, these cake pops are full of decadent flavor. Made with cream cheese, the cake pops have a moist and dense texture, making them easy to shape. Dipped in melted chocolate, you can decorate these cake pops however you please.
- 100 grams butter
- 50 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 orange (only the orange zest)
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams white flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 100 milliliters orange juice
- 125 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 200 grams Nutella
- 250 grams cheese (Philadelphia)
- 3 tablespoons chocolate (Nesquik, powder)
- cake (Pop sticks)
- 400 grams dark chocolate (melted)
- candy sprinkles (chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the butter, sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, orange zest, and eggs (adding them one by one) in a large bowl.
- Mix the white flour, yeast, and orange juice in a different bowl.
- Add the flour to the large bowl and mix until you obtain dough.
- Place the dough in a cake mold and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it sit overnight.
- Beat the butter in a medium bowl until it obtains a foamy texture.
- Add the Nutella, Philadelphia cheese, and Nesquik chocolate powder to the butter and stir until all the ingredients are completely mixed.
- Undo the cake using your hands and form crumbs. Place them in a large bowl.
- Add the cream to the bowl and mix.
- Form dough balls about 30 grams each and place one Cake Pop stick on each ball. Let them sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Place the melted dark chocolate in a medium bowl and dip each Cake Pop in it, then garnish it with chocolate candy sprinkles and place on a layer of parchment paper.
- Serve once the chocolate cover dries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories300Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat170|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.