Nutella and Hazelnuts Advent CrownOn dine chez Nanou
A European holiday tradition, crown bread is usually made in December. Multiple nuts give this bread an intense flavor that goes well with apple cider and wassail. The unique wreathing of the dough makes this bread a perfect fit for the center of your table.
- 25 grams fresh yeast (or 8 grams active dry yeast)
- 130 milliliters milk (warm, plus 1 tablespoon)
- 40 grams sugar
- 400 grams flour
- 60 grams butter (soft)
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams Nutella
- hazelnuts (Crunchy)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1In a medium-sized bowl, crumble the yeast and add a little milk (1-2 tablespoons) to dilute it along with a teaspoon of sugar. Mix and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
- 2Pour into a food processor's bowl with the remaining milk (minus 1 tablespoon), flour, butter, and 2 eggs.
- 3Knead for 5/7 minutes to obtain a homogeneous dough ball.
- 4Cover the bowl with a dry cloth or plastic film. Let rise for 45 minutes. Your dough should be kept in a warm room away from air drafts.
- 5Using a rolling pin, stretch the dough out on a lightly floured surface in order to make a 35 x 40 centimeter rectangle.
- 6Cover with Nutella by spreading with either a knife or a spoon, and sprinkle with crunchy hazelnuts (save some for decoration).
- 7Roll the dough tight enough (like a jelly roll).
- 8Cut your roll in 2 and wreathe the 2 parts together.
- 9Cut the 2 ends to get a clean edge and gather together to form a crown.
- 10Place this crown on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- 11Find pictures of the baking steps on the poppy braided brioche recipe.
- 12Brush with a egg yolk previously diluted with a tablespoon of milk, and sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- 13Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 14When your oven is hot, put the crown to cook for about 25-30 minutes, until it becomes golden brown.
- 15Let it warm down before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories600Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.