It's great fun to create breads with unique shapes, such as theis braided crown. And it's much easier than you may think. In this recipe, the dough is prepared in a bread machine through the kneading and leavening cycle, then removed and stretched to form a long rectangle, spread with Nutella, and rolled up into a log. Now for the fun part: The log is cut in half and then braidedd and shaped into a circle.
- 250 milliliters plain yogurt
- 50 grams butter (melted and cooled)
- 1 beaten egg
- 75 grams vanilla sugar (homemade)
- 2 clementines
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 450 grams wheat flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- Nutella (to taste)
- Place the ingredients, except the Nutella, in the pan of a bread machine in the order specified by the manufacturer.
- Select dough cycle.
- Once cycle is complete, lightly knead and roll out into long and thin rectangle.
- Spread the surface of the dough with Nutella to taste.
- Roll the rectangle, starting from the longer side, into a roll.
- Cut the roll horizontally and place on the work surface cut sides facing up.
- Join ends together and braid together. Join ends of the braid together into a crown shape.
- Press ends together to seal.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
- Place bread on the prepared sheet and let rise for 30 minutes. Bake until toothpick insert comes out clean.