Whoopie Pies are a traditional and nostalgic sweet treat. If you always loved it when grandma would buy you one at the local store, why not try to make them yourself? These Nutella Whoopie Pies are so decadent that your stress will be whisked away with one bite. As you sink your teeth into these treats, you will get a fluffy and sweet cake-like texture with a decadent and creamy Nutella filling. Why would you deny your taste buds such rich and dreamy treat?
- 1 egg
- 50 grams sugar
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams almond meal
- 100 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon bitter almond extract
- 12 teaspoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 356F.
- In a bowl, mix egg and sugar until the mixture becomes pale.
- Melt butter in a double boiler, then set aside to cool.
- Separately, mix flour, baking powder, and almond meal together.
- Pour melted butter into egg and sugar mixture, stir to combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture. Add bitter almond extract.
- Knead by hand until you form a big ball of dough.
- Also by hand, shape 3 centimeter diameter cookies, 1 centimeter thick.
- Arrange on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool.
- Spread a layer of Nutella between two cooled cookies, like a sandwich.
- Repeat with the remaining cookies and Nutella.