Bow down for the king of tiramisu’s. Here is a truly delicious layered take on everyone’s favorite Italian classic. Sweet, chocolate soaked four-quarter squared lay at the bottom of this layered surprise. The creamy center holds one (or two) strongly portioned dollops of thick, sweet, nutty Nutella. Surrounding the rest of the dessert is a sweet, light mascarpone cream. Thinly slice a few more four-squares and place the over top for a little added decoration.
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams sugar
- 150 grams mascarpone cheese
- salt (pinch)
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 20 milk
- 250 grams pound cake
- 4 teaspoons Nutella (spread)
- 1. Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the yolks with the sugar. Then, when the mixture has reached a white, creamy consistency, add the mascarpone cheese.
- 3. Beat the egg whites with the pinch of salt until they form stiff peaks and incorporate them to the creamy yolk-mascarpone mixture.
- 4. Dilute the cocoa powder with milk and soak large bite-size pieces of pound cake in the milk-chocolate mixture.
- 5. Distribute the pieces of pound cake at the bottom of 4 small glasses.
- 6. Place a teaspoon of Nutella at the center of each glass and add the creamy egg-mascarpone mixture.
- 7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 12 hours.
- 8. Before serving, leave at room temperature for 30 minutes, to let the Nutella soften.
- 9. Decorate the top of the tiramisu with chocolate chips (or add thin slices of pound cake).