Icebox cookies are terrific to keep in your freezer, meaning freshly baked treats are always within easy reach. These are basically butter cookies with a Nutella swirl, easily achieved by rolling out the dough, spreading with the nougat, and then rolling up into a log. Wrap it well in plastic wrap and freeze in a resealable bag, then slice and cut as needed. You can also just slice and bake the whole batch, without freezing.
- 230 grams butter
- 230 grams sugar
- 1 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 400 grams flour
- 50 grams corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, put the half of the softened butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the vanilla and egg white and combine.
- Slowly add the flour, cornstarch, and salt. Mix well until a dough forms. Knead until the dough is smooth, yet brittle.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and place on a cutting board. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of it and stretch the dough until it is 1 centimeter thick.
- Cover with Nutella and make the edges even by cutting them off with a knife.
- Make a roll with the dough, rolling carefully so it won’t break.
- Cut even slices about 1.5 centimeters thick.
- Place the slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Place the cookies on a cooling rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.