Tracing its origins back to the mid-twentieth century to the Piedmontese confectioner, Pietro Ferrero, Nutella has become a beloved spread all across the world. Combining the rich flavors of cocoa and hazelnut into a creamy spread, Nutella is front and center in this recipe for Nutella Cake Roll. A traditional Swiss Roll, this Nutella Cake Roll features a chocolate flavored sponge rolled up with a thick layer of Nutella for a rich and decadent dessert anyone would be honored to enjoy.
- 75 grams flour
- 25 grams cocoa (bittersweet, powdered)
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- Nutella (as needed)
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Beat the egg yolks with the powdered sugar until light and foamy.
- Sift the flour with the cocoa and a pinch of salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the beaten egg yolks.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold them carefully into the batter.
- Line a rectangular baking sheet measuring 22 x 30 centimeters with wax paper and pour the batter inside.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven, let it cool slightly, then roll up the cake in the wax paper.
- Cool completely.
- Unroll the cake and spread with a generous amount of Nutella, then roll it up again.
- Refrigerate the cake roll.
- Serve the cake sprinkled with powdered sugar and cut into slices.
|Calories310Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.