Nutella is a creamy, dreamy, divine chocolate hazelnut spread used in many desserts. People love Nutella so much, they often swap it out for peanut butter and eat on sandwiches and put it on their fruit.
Putting this delicious spread into a Nutella chocolate cake results in a wonderful, easy recipe you'll be eager to share. This Nutella Cake recipe takes just over an hour to prepare and has a cook time of 45 minutes, so the prep time is minimal!
Pair it with a tall glass of milk at the end of a long day or make this as a special treat to share with friends or family. Everyone will be begging for a second slice!
This amazing recipe is fantastic as it is, but you can change it up a bit to suit your preferences.
Nuts: If you don't like nuts, you can leave them out. If you do like them, feel free to use whatever kind you like best -- pecans, walnuts, almonds, or crushed peanuts work well, but since Nutella is made with hazelnuts, that might be the best nut to add texture to your chocolate Nutella cake.
More Chocolatey: If you want it to be more chocolatey, you can add a tablespoon of cocoa powder or you can top it with semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips if you want a deeper flavor.
Frost It: This cake isn't frosted, but with the addition of Nutella buttercream, you can elevate this recipe to a classy dinner party dessert. If having Nutella frosting is too much for you, you can try a traditional chocolate buttercream recipe for a classic sheet cake experience.
Layer It: You can double this cake recipe and make it a layer cake. That means frosting is not optional, it's mandatory, but who doesn't want frosting? If you want just a little frosting, frost the first layer, top it with the second layer and frost just the top and leave the sides unfrosted so a little bit of the cake layers are exposed.
Gild It: Instead of frosting, you can top it with other accouterment to make look good and taste better. Try salted caramel chips, powdered sugar, or shredded coconut for a delightful chocolate dessert.
This chocolate cake recipe is great for packing in a lunch, an afternoon snack or to end an elegant meal. However you serve it, you won't be disappointed.
- 125 grams Nutella
- 135 grams butter (at room temperature)
- 125 grams all-purpose flour
- 125 grams sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 grams chopped nuts
- Melt the butter together with the Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar and add to the butter mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the mixing bowl and beat.
- Add the chopped nuts and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8 x 8-inch baking pan or cake pan and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares and serve.
|Calories230Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.