A leavened bread, this Nutella Bread takes some time to make, but the end result makes it worth the effort. Prepare a pre-ferment with yeast, warm milk, honey, and a bit of flour and let sit. Once you have made the entire dough, allow to sit again for two hours. Rolled out flat and spread with Nutella, the dough is then rolled into a cylinder, cut in two, and then braided for an elegant plaited loaf. Bake in a loaf pan to help the bread maintain its shape while it bakes.
- 100 grams flour
- 100 grams strong flour
- 1 teaspoon acacia honey
- 1/2 cube brewer's yeast
- 50 milliliters milk
- 40 grams softened butter
- 45 grams granulated sugar
- 1 egg (+ 1 egg yolk)
- Nutella (as needed)
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk with the honey and 1 tablespoon of flour, stir into a rather liquid batter and let it proof, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bowl, add the softened butter cut into small pieces, next, gradually add the two types of flour, and the yeast mixture.
- Last, add the salt.
- Knead the ingredients together first in the bowl, then place the dough on a work surface and knead it until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a warm area to rise until it doubles in size, approximately 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle, 1/2 centimeter in thickness.
- Spread a generous amount of Nutella all over the surface of the dough, then roll up the dough lengthwise into a cylinder, cut the cylinder in half.
- Braid the two pieces of dough, fold the ends under the braid, place the braid in a loaf pan lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 160C for approximately 40 minutes.
- Remove the braid from the oven and let it cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.