Sweet and just a little spicy, these apple tarts are also completely gluten free. The tart crust is made using a combination of quinoa flour, white rice flour, and cornstarch and lightly flavored with a touch of orange zest. Each tart crust is lined with a thin layer of nut and ginger paste and then covered with thinly sliced apples and a drizzle of honey before being baked to perfection. These apple tarts are the perfect treat for autumn and your gluten free friends will thank you a thousand times over.
- 40 grams quinoa flour
- 60 grams white rice flour
- 40 grams cornstarch
- 40 grams icing sugar
- 100 grams butter (sliced, at room temperature)
- 1 egg
- 1 orange zest
- 50 grams nut (mix, walnuts, macadamia, cashew, almond, and pistachio nuts)
- fresh ginger
- ginger paste
- 3 lady apples (Pink, thin slices.)
- lemon juice
- In a bowl or blender, mix both flours, cornstarch, and icing sugar.
- Then add butter to get a sandy consistency.
- Add egg and orange zest, mix until the dough pulls away from the bowl, and forms a ball.
- Add a little rice flour to prevent it from sticking too much.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap, and store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- The dough can also be prepared the night before, but don't forget to take it out 30-40 minutes before using it, so it won't be too hard.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out the dough, and spread in a pie pan.
- Use a fork to prick the dough.
- Mix the nuts to a fine powder, transfer to bowl. Add sugar, ginger paste, mix. Divide the mixture into the bottom of each pie shell.
- Slice the apples into very thin strips, squeeze lemon juice over the apple slices so they don't change color Cover apples with honey.
- Arrange the apples nicely in each pie.
- Bake pies for 25 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories290Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.