Take the name of this recipe at face value: You can truly use most any type of nut here, depending on your preference: hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds, pecans, cashews, etc. They will all work equally well to create delicious cookies, each with its own unique flavor (or here's a thought: use a mixture for a more nuanced result). Don't be tempted to rush the process; the dough will be much easier to work with after being allowed to rest for an hour.
- 100 grams nut flour
- 100 grams wheat flour
- 50 grams whole wheat flour
- 80 grams dark brown sugar
- 100 grams softened butter
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Mix the flour with the sugar and add the butter and milk.
- Knead until smooth and form a ball.
- Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Grease two large baking sheets and line with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough.
- Cut the cookies with cookie cutters and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheets.