Made with a whole wheat flour blend, this recipe for Nua Whole Wheat Cake with Malva Cream is made with no butter, instead using sunflower oil. Lightly flavored with the citrus flavor of lemon peel, this cake features dollops of richly flavored malv…
cream. Made with soy milk, the malva cream is infused with the flavor of mallow. Dairy free, this cake is a wonderful and tasty dessert option for those with dairy allergies or sensitivities.
- 150 grams flour
- 150 grams whole wheat flour
- 180 grams sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 milliliters sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 500 milliliters soy milk
- 100 grams sugar
- 60 grams flour
- To prepare the malva cream, heat the soy milk in a medium saucepan and turn off the heat as soon as it begins to boil.
- Add a handful of malva flowers and infuse for approximately 10 minutes.
- Filter the milk and eliminate the flowers.
- Use the mixer to beat the eggs with the sugar and the flour, then add this mixture to the hot milk in the saucepan, stir well and return the saucepan to the heat.
- Cook the cream on low heat, stirring continuously until the cream becomes thick.
- Turn off the heat and let the cream cool slightly.
- To prepare the batter, preheat the oven to 170C.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Add the grated peel of 1 lemon and gradually pour the oil into the bowl while mixing.
- Continue mixing for a few minutes.
- Sift the two types of flour with the baking powder and add it to the batter, beating with the mixer.
- Butter and flour a 26 centimeter cake pan and add the batter.
- Add the malva cream on the surface, in spoonfuls, on various parts of the cake.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool.
|Calories940Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.