If you only have 30 minutes to prepare a palate pleasing beautiful dessert, then give this Nougat Crown a try. It is delicious, savory, and sweet. Ingredients include 6 eggs, 1 egg yolk, 2 shells, 1 teaspoon salt, flour, honey, and sugar. If decadent and divine is what you need to bring to your next holiday party, special occasion, or celebration, then this is the dessert. It is both pretty to look at and tantalizing for the taste buds.
- 6 eggs
- 1 egg yolks
- 2 shells (halves olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 kilograms flour (or enough to stiffen)
- 1 jar honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Start by whipping the eggs with olive oil (use half an egg shell from one of the cracked eggs, as a measure) and salt.
- After all is well whipped, slowly add the flour until dough reaches desired consistency.
- On working surface, roll out very thin dough rolls.
- Cut out small strips, and fry them in hot oil.
- After fried and cooled, cut the dough into small pieces.
- Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, heat honey and sugar until obtaining a candy-like syrup. You can verify the right consistency by putting a spoonful of syrup in a bowl of cold water, it should solidify and turn into a ball, similar to candy.
- Pour honey and fried and cut dough in a pan, mix well.
- Quickly pour small piles on a plate, dip your hands in cold water, and shape into a crown. Press firmly for a firm and well-shaped crown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.